Businesses supplying goods with turnover exceeding the prescribed threshold limit of Rs. 40 Lakhs during the previous relevant year (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern & Hilly States). Turnover exceeding Rs. 20 Lakh during the previous year in case of Service Provider (Rs. 10 Lakh in case of specified category States).
Here is the list of businesses for which Goods & Service Tax Registration is mandatory irrespective of their turnover:
- Persons registered under the Pre-Goods & Service Tax law (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax etc.)
- Taxable person is Non-resident / Casual taxable person
- Supplier’s Agent & ISD or an Input Service Distributor
- Persons liable for paying tax under the mechanism of RCM (Reverse Charge Mechanism)
- Every person who supplies goods or services or both via Electronic-Commerce Aggregator (if turnover exceeds 20 Lakh & Rs. 10 Lakh in case of specified states)
- Inter-state supplier of Goods & Services
- Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) / Tax Collected at Source (TCS)
- Supply of OIDAR Services i.e. Online Information and Database Access or Retrieval.
Get the Goods & Service Tax Registration under the guidance of your Trustworthy Advisors ‘Manthan Experts’ and Start your Business with Ease.
Seek Experts’ Assistance with GST Registration
Who are the persons not liable for registration under GST?