Ministry of Finance has updated regarding new Income tax portal. New Income tax portal was launched on 7th June, 2021, since then, taxpayers and professionals have reported glitches and difficulties in the portal.
It has informed that a number of technical issues are being progressively addressed and there has been a positive trend reflected in the statistics of the various filings on the portal as mentioned below:
- Over 8.83 crore unique taxpayers have logged in with a daily average of over 15.55 lakh till 7th September, 2021. The Income Tax Return (ITR) filing has increased to 3.2 lakh daily in September, 2021 and 1.19 crore ITRs for AY 2021-22 have been filed. Of these, over 76.2 lakh taxpayers have used the online utility of the portal to file the returns.
- Over 94.88 lakh ITRs have also been e-verified. Of this, 7.07 lakh ITRs have been processed.
- Taxpayers have been able to view over 8.74 lakh Notices issued by the Department under the Faceless Assessment/Appeal/Penalty proceedings, to which, over 2.61 lakh responses have been filed.
- Over 10.60 lakh Statutory Forms have been submitted including 7.86 lakh TDS statements, 1.03 lakh Form 10A for registration of Trusts/institutions, 0.87 lakh Form 10E for arrears of salary, 0.10 lakh Form 35 for Appeal.
- Aadhaar- PAN linking has been done by 66.44 lakh taxpayers and over 14.59 lakh e-PAN have been allotted.
It is reiterated that the Department is continuously engaged with Infosys to ensure a smooth filing experience to taxpayers.