Keeping in view of the COVID Pandemic, The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) through its current notification has informed that the following dates have been extended for filing Income Tax.
- Filing Belated Return of Income u/s 139(4) for AY 2020-21 (FY 2019-20), Extended to 31st May, 2021 (which ended on 31st March, 2021).
- Filing SFT (Form 61) extended to 31st May, 2021 (where the due date was 30th April, 2021).
- Return filed in response to 148 of the Income Tax Act, where return of income had to be filed on or after 1st April, 2021, can now be filed up to 31st May, 2021.
- Relaxation of Filing Appeal dates for Appeals to CIT (Appeals) extended to 31st May, 2021 (where such last date was 1st April, 2021 or after).
- Payments of TDS deducted u/s 194IA, 194IB and 194M and filing of challan-cum-statement on the same may be furnished on or before 31st May, 2021 (earlier date 30th April,2021).
- Due Date of objections to Dispute Resolution Panel (DRP) under Section 144C is extended to 31st May 2021 or may be filed within the time provided under that section, which ever is earlier.
Click here for official press release:
Deadlines for Issuance of Certain Income Tax Notices / Passing of Orders, Extended till 30th June, 2021