Import Export Code (IEC)
Import Export Code (also Known as IEC) is an identification number of 10 digits which is issued by the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade), Department of Commerce, Government of India. IEC is also known as Importer Exporter Code. To start a business of import and export in the Indian Territory, it is mandatory for companies and businesses to obtain IE code to start a business. No person can deal with import or export businesswithout IE code. It is to be noted that the Importer Exporter Code (IEC) has a lifetime validity.Apply for Import Export Code (IEC)
Our Exclusive Packages at Affordable Prices
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Import Export Code (IEC) is an identification number of 10 digits which is issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Department of Commerce and Government of India.
Implementation of GST has changed the pattern of Tax credit on Import and Export and following notable changes were made:-
- Flow of IGST Credit on import of goods.
- IGST related refund or rebate to the export of goods.
Following documents are required for IEC Registration-
- ID Proof of Directors
- PAN of the Business
- GST Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Rent Agreement or Electricity Bill
- Scanned Copy of Cancel Cheque
- Certificate of Incorporation
After collecting all the documents, following steps are associated with the IEC application procedure-
- Visit dgft.gov.in
- Register on the DGFT website
- Username & Password will be shared to the registered mail ID.
- Enter the mandatory details
- Submit the file with DGFT via DSC or by Aadhar Authentication
- After the application is approved by DGFT, then IEC will be received in a soft copy through the Mail.