Charitable Trust Registration
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
A Trust is an arrangement where the owner i.e. trustor transfers the property to trustee for the benefit of a third person i.e. beneficiary. Click here to read more.
- Managed & Governed by the Indian Trusts Act, 1882
- Trust should meet certain eligibility criteria.
- Trust has to be registered with the charity commissioner’s office.
Process for Charitable Trust registration-
- Choose the Name of the trust
- Determine Authors, Trustees & the beneficiaries of the Trust
- Draft MOA & Trust deed
- Registration of trust
- Acquire registration certificate
- Opening a bank account
- Trust Deed
- Two photographs of partners
- PAN card
- Self attested copy of the settler
- Self attested copy of each trustee.
- Partners’ Address proof
- Registered office address
- No Objection Certificate
Yes, The Trust acquiring 12A certificate is exempted to pay tax under Income Tax for the entire lifetime on their surplus income. Click here to read more in detail.